This blog post contains affiliate links.
If you follow those links and purchase the product I make a small profit.
Thank you for the support!
If you’re reading this you probably want to improve your life. Which is amazing! There are SO many things that we can do to live a healthier more positive life. Even those small, simple changes have the ability to ultimately turn your life around. Here’s 50 to get you started!
1. Go to bed earlier. You’re probably staying up late scrolling through social media anyway right?!?
2. Wake up earlier. The earlier the better. Takes some getting used to, but the silence at 5 am can’t be beat.
3. Meditate. Just give it a shot and keep trying, it won’t be easy but it’ll be worth it.
4. Meal prep weekly. Need some ideas? I got you.
5. Drink more water. Aim for a gallon a day.
6. Communicate effectively. With everyone in your life, but especially your significant other. They can’t read your mind, just remember that!
7. Spread more love. Even when others aren’t so lovable, they need it the most.
8. Lift weights. Not just exercise. Don’t be afraid of that iron! Ladies…you will not get bulky, trust me.
9. Read more. Books are amazing. Fiction or self-help, you get lost in them, you discover new things, you grow, you become inspired. Just keep reading.
10. Write. Write what’s on your mind. Write a story. Write down what you’re grateful for. Write down 100 ideas.
11. Develop a morning routine. You’ll feel like a new person.
12. Eat more fruits and veggies. They’re natures medicine.
13. Go vegan. For the animals, for the planet, for yourself.
14. Pamper yourself. Take a bubble bath, paint your nails, smear on a face mask, and relax!
15. Start investing now. I’m 23 and I have a life insurance policy and a Roth IRA, enough said. Start now, the earlier the better.
16. Laugh more. Even when you’re sad.
17. Take social media breaks. Maybe try a 24 hour social media fast. We get so caught up in other people’s lives and obsessed with how many views and likes we get on a photo. It’s a real addiction, don’t fall for it.
18. Consistently learn new things. Research subjects you’re interested in, take a course, watch YouTube tutorials.
19. Take care of your skin. Stick to a regimen and daily routine and don’t break it! Bonus tip: Always use an spf on your face!
20. Floss daily. Morning AND night! A tooth brush doesn’t get between those teeth you know?!
21. Get outside more. Soak in some vitamin D and appreciate the sounds and sights that nature has to offer.
22. Practice gratitude. Think it. Write it down. Say it out loud. We have tons to be grateful for.
23. Compliment others. Be sure it’s genuine. It can change someone’s whole day.
24. Be spontaneous. Book that trip you’ve been wanting to go on. Go out on that date. Live in the moment!
25. Stop judging people. You don’t know their story.
26. Love yourself. Before anyone else, otherwise you will suffer more than you need to.
27. Volunteer. As often as you can, you’ll feel great.
28. Take probiotics. Your tummy will thank you.
29. Live above the influence. Don’t make poor decisions because others are doing it/telling you to. You probably shouldn’t be around those people anyway. Make decisions for yourself, even if it’s not the norm.
30. Surround yourself with positive people. Those that make you feel good. Those that strive to be better. Those that inspire you. You’ll eventually develop their positive habits too.
31. Write to-do lists. Make it reasonable and get started!
32. Take a lot of pictures. Of places you visit, of yourself, of people/things you love.
33. Adopt a cat or dog. Key word: ADOPT. Rescues are the best, you save a life and they may just save yours.
34. Get off your phone when your friends are around. Pet peeve #567. Respect and appreciate others time and presence, even if they’re glued to their phone.
35. Stretch often. Your muscles probably need it.
36. Do yoga. It’s a connection of mind, body, and soul if you make it that way.
37. Sit in the sauna. Sweat it out.
38. Transform negative thoughts into positive ones. You first have to do this consciously for awhile for it to become a subconscious act. Negative thoughts will always pop into your mind, once you think it, actively turn it into a positive thought. For example: “Ugh it’s Monday.” –> “It’s Monday! I’m alive. Today is a new day, it’s a new week, I can start fresh!”
39. Take care of your belongings. You’ll save money.
40. Watch less tv. You may think you’re missing out, but eventually you’ll be like who gives a shit? And you’ll never watch tv!
41. Empower women. Women are beautiful. Support them, be kind, stop judging them.
42. Face your fears. Growth only happens outside of your comfort zone, you know?
43. Avoid watching/reading the news. Most of it is negative. They do it on purpose, don’t get brainwashed by it.
44. Stop expecting too much. You’ll only end up disappointed. You can’t control people or life, so don’t rely too much on what you thought would happen/be.
45. Stand up for what you believe in. Even if your voice shakes.
46. Never settle. In your job, in your relationships, for anything. Unless you are completely content with it.
47. Create big goals. Then make them even bigger. Make people doubt you. Then work your ass off until you reach them.
48. Improve by 1% everyday. Physically, spiritually, emotionally, socially, financially, etc. Pick one, or all and improve.
49. Get organized. Life will be so much easier.
50. Smile at strangers. You never know the impact it could have on someone. I LOVE when people I don’t know smile at me genuinely, it’s beautiful.
Small changes, big rewards. Try a few or try them all and embrace the journey of self-improvement. It’s a continuous, daily practice so remain patient with yourself and your circumstances!
What do you do to live a healthier, more positive life?
Join my newsletter
Subscribe to receive weekly motivation, health tips, or deep thoughts!